Look more beautiful by drinking hot chocolate? Yes, you heard that right. Everyone loves to get cozy and snuggle up with a cup of hot cacao in front of a burning fire. Why not enhance that with a rich, warm drink that can not only satisfy that chocolate craving but also add a kick of good nutrition?
Ingredients to make hot cacao drink:
- 3 cups milk – your choice of almond, coconut, or organic brown rice milk
- 5 tablespoon raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- pinch of ground cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tsp pine pollen (optional)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for coconut whipped creme:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp honey or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Health benefits of these wonderful ingredients:
Pine pollen has been used traditionally as a longevity tonic and aphrodisiac in Traditional Chinese Medicine; regular consumption has been shown to support a healthy metabolism, boost circulation and immunity and detoxify the liver.
Raw honey is a great alternative to other processed sweeteners, and can help soothe indigestion and promote healthy probiotics in your digestive tract.
Cocoa contains beta-carotene, calcium, zinc, iron, potassium, chromium and in particular magnesium that can help with bone mineralization, muscle contraction and immune function.
Maca has been used to relieve menstrual issues and the side effects of going through menopause. Some women have used it to alleviate cramps, body pain, hot flashes, anxiety, mood swings, and depression. (If you are pregnant or lactating you should avoid taking maca).
Cinnamon – Cures Acne, Pimples, And Blemishes. Cinnamon helps get rid of acne and pimples on the face and body. Soothes Dry Skin. Complexion Enhancer. Alleviates Fine Lines. Prevents Skin Infections And Cures Cuts And Wounds. Treats Rough Feet. Stimulates Hair Growth. Scalp Cleanser.
Turmeric is effective in the treatment of acne due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties that fight pimples and breakouts to provide a youthful glow to your skin.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the milk and other ingredients. Gently warm milk, stirring occasionally until warm and well combined, about 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with an optional dollop of coconut cream (directions below).
- For coconut whipped cream:
Set the can in the fridge overnight so that the coconut fat solids separate from the coconut water.
- Open the can and carefully pour out the thick coconut cream. With an electric whisk, beat the cream, sweetener and vanilla extract on high until peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- If not serving immediately, place the bowl of whipped coconut cream in the fridge for 15-20 minutes and then beat it again right before serving it.
Where to buy the Ceramic Espresso Cup and Saucer?
You can buy these simple yet beautiful Ceramic Espresso Cup and Saucer at KABINETo.com. This white Espresso Cup & Saucer has been handcrafted from fine white stoneware, fired in the kiln all the way up to 2200°F and is a much more durable material than a regular ceramic. No two pieces are alike – each cup & saucer clearly expresses the individuality of the maker’s hand. Price includes one Cup and one Saucer.
Made Of Stoneware
Made In Czech Republic
Measures Cup: 2.5″ height, 2.2″ diameter / Saucer: 4.6″ diameter